    SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Kernel version 3.2.1 usb touchscreen device not recognised [UDEV? USBINPUT? HOOK]
    On 21/01/12 07:50, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
    > Hi Lachlan,
    >
    > Well, many eGalax devices are multitouch devices, and can not be
    > handled by the generic input hid layer without having strange issues.
    > We have a patch in 3.2 that auto detect such devices and release them
    > from the generic input stack.
    > Then, it's easier for people to handle the devices through
    > hid-multitouch as the recompilation of the kernel is not required
    > anymore.
    > I also submitted a patch to catch multitouch devices in
    > hid-multitouch, but it has not been accepted as it would require
    > everybody to load hid-multitouch for every hid device.
    >
    > To enable your device, do (as root)
    > # modprobe hid-multitouch
    > # echo 3 VID PID 104>
    > /sys/module/hid_multitouch/drivers/hid\:hid-multitouch/new_id
    >
    > where:
    > - 3 is the bus, usb here
    > - VID: vendor ID (must be 0eef in your case)
    > - PID: product ID
    > - 104 is the number of the right class of multitouch device to use
    > (see MT_CLS_* definitions in hid-multitouch)
    > VID/PID can be retrieved from lsusb.
    >
    > If it's working, then you should also give us your PID so that we can
    > add it in the source of hid-multitouch.
    >
    > Cheers,
    > Benjamin
    >

    > On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 21:13, Padfoot<padfoot@exemail.com.au> wrote:

    >>> Can you run 'git bisect' between 3.1.0 and 3.2.0 to find the problem
    >>> commit here?
    >>>
    >>> Also, you might want to cc: the linux-input developers, they can help
    >>> you out much better than the general list can.
    >>>
    >>> greg k-h
    >>>
    >> Hi Greg,
    >>
    >> I am not a kernel dev, nor have I ever compiled a kernel, so I don't think I
    >> am able to help with a git bisect to locate the offending commit. I am just
    >> a regular user running pre-compiled packages on my Arch Linux distro. But,
    >> of course I am happy to assist wherever I can.
    >>
    >> Cheers.
    >> Lachlan
    >> --
    Hi Benjamin,

    Thankyou very much. Your solution has worked brilliantly.

    The device parameters I had to pass to hid-multitouch are as follows:

    echo 3 0eef 7302 259 > /sys/mod........

    I also have to use the binary daemon driver from eGalax for the device
    to work:
    http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalaxTouchDriver/linuxDriver.htm

    Cheers.
    Lachlan.

      Last update: 2012-01-20 23:01    [W:0.038 / U:2.804 seconds]