SubjectRe: PROBLEM: Kernel version 3.2.1 usb touchscreen device not recognised [UDEV? USBINPUT? HOOK]
On 21/01/12 07:50, Benjamin Tissoires wrote:
> Hi Lachlan,
>
> Well, many eGalax devices are multitouch devices, and can not be
> handled by the generic input hid layer without having strange issues.
> We have a patch in 3.2 that auto detect such devices and release them
> from the generic input stack.
> Then, it's easier for people to handle the devices through
> hid-multitouch as the recompilation of the kernel is not required
> anymore.
> I also submitted a patch to catch multitouch devices in
> hid-multitouch, but it has not been accepted as it would require
> everybody to load hid-multitouch for every hid device.
>
> To enable your device, do (as root)
> # modprobe hid-multitouch
> # echo 3 VID PID 104>
> /sys/module/hid_multitouch/drivers/hid\:hid-multitouch/new_id
>
> where:
> - 3 is the bus, usb here
> - VID: vendor ID (must be 0eef in your case)
> - PID: product ID
> - 104 is the number of the right class of multitouch device to use
> (see MT_CLS_* definitions in hid-multitouch)
> VID/PID can be retrieved from lsusb.
>
> If it's working, then you should also give us your PID so that we can
> add it in the source of hid-multitouch.
>
> Cheers,
> Benjamin
>

> On Fri, Jan 20, 2012 at 21:13, Padfoot<padfoot@exemail.com.au> wrote:

>>> Can you run 'git bisect' between 3.1.0 and 3.2.0 to find the problem
>>> commit here?
>>>
>>> Also, you might want to cc: the linux-input developers, they can help
>>> you out much better than the general list can.
>>>
>>> greg k-h
>>>
>> Hi Greg,
>>
>> I am not a kernel dev, nor have I ever compiled a kernel, so I don't think I
>> am able to help with a git bisect to locate the offending commit. I am just
>> a regular user running pre-compiled packages on my Arch Linux distro. But,
>> of course I am happy to assist wherever I can.
>>
>> Cheers.
>> Lachlan
>> --
Hi Benjamin,

Thankyou very much. Your solution has worked brilliantly.

The device parameters I had to pass to hid-multitouch are as follows:

echo 3 0eef 7302 259 > /sys/mod........

I also have to use the binary daemon driver from eGalax for the device
to work:
http://home.eeti.com.tw/web20/eGalaxTouchDriver/linuxDriver.htm

Cheers.
Lachlan.

  Last update: 2012-01-20 23:01    [W:0.370 / U:0.460 seconds]