    SubjectRe: [patch v2, kernel version 3.2.1] net/ipv4/ip_gre: Ethernet multipoint GRE over IP
    Dňa 17. januára 2012 9:29, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@gmail.com> napísal/a:
    > Le mardi 17 janvier 2012 à 09:04 +0100, Štefan Gula a écrit :
    >> Dňa 17. januára 2012 5:47, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@gmail.com> napísal/a:
    >> >
    >> > 2) You call ipgre_tap_bridge_fini() from ipgre_exit_net() and
    >> > ipgre_init_net(), thats completely bogus if CONFIG_NET_NS=y
    >> >
    >> > Just remove the struct kmem_cache *ipgre_tap_bridge_cache
    >> > and use instead kmalloc(sizeof(...))/kfree(ptr) instead.
    >> >
    >> As this is completely the same part of code from net/bridge/br_fdb.c,
    >> can you give me a hint about how change that as I believe it should be
    >> changed also there?
    >
    > Please dont copy code you dont understand :(
    >
    > bridge code is ok, but not yours, since you destroy the kmem_cache when
    > a net namespace exits.
    >
    > Either you fix your code, either you change your memory allocations to
    > mere kmalloc()/kfree() calls and dont care of a private kmem_cache you
    > have to create and destroy.
    >
    > Since you ask a SLAB_HWCACHE_ALIGN, the SLUB allocator will anyway merge
    > your kmem_cache with the standard one (kmalloc-64 I guess)

    ok maybe I am getting it wrong, but I am little bit stuck here. I
    recheck the original bridge code. The difference I recognize is that
    in bridge code function:
    br_fdb_init() and br_fdb_fini()
    are called from module init and module exit functions:
    br_init and br_deinit

    in my code they are called from functions:
    ipgre_init_net and ipgre_exit_net
    instead of:
    ipgre_init and ipgre_fini

    To be honest I am not so familiar enough with kernel structure that I
    see the difference on the first time. But I think that with your help
    it can be done easily. The main idea was to create hash-table that is
    used to determine the destination IPv4 address (part of the entry
    structure). That hash-table should be different per each gretap
    interface - I think that's the reason why I put those init and fini
    inside ipgre_init_net and ipgre_exit_net. Am I right that the
    placement of this calls is correct or not? If not where those calls
    should be placed?

    On the other hand I have no idea how to substitute those two function
    with a code that you are suggesting kmalloc()/kfree(). I would be glad
    if you can help me here by providing me example how to substitute
    those two functions with kmalloc/kfree for the future usage (I am more
    reverse engineer learner type of person than manuals reading one)