    SubjectRe: [RFC,PATCH 2/2] Documentation: prctl/seccomp_filter
    From
    On Thu, Jan 12, 2012 at 7:13 AM, Łukasz Sowa <luksow@gmail.com> wrote:
    > Hi Will,
    >
    > That's very different approach to the system call interposition problem.
    > I find you solution very interesting. It gives far more capabilities
    > than my syscalls cgroup that you commented on some time ago. It's ready
    > now but I haven't tried filtering yet. I think that if your solution
    > make it to the mainline (and I guess that's really possible at current
    > stage :)), there will be no place for mine solution but that's ok.

    Yeah - there've been so many tries, I'll be happy when one makes it in
    which is usable :)

    > There's one thing that I'm curious about - have you measured overhead in
    > any way? That was one of the biggest issues in all previous attempts to
    > limit syscalls. I'd love to compare the numbers with mine solution.

    Certainly. I have some rough numbers, but nothing I'd call strong
    measurements. There is still a fair amount of cost due to the syscall
    slow path.

    > I'll examine your patch later on and put some comments if I bump into
    > something.

    Much appreciated - cheers!
    will