    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 05/11] SoC-level changes for tegra and omap
    On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 10:32 PM, Geert Uytterhoeven
    <> wrote:
    > That's why you need two branches:
    >  1. a non-rebasing one for development,
    >  2. a rebasing one containing cherry-picked (possibly folded) commits for
    >     preparing for upstream delivery.

    Stop being a moron.

    upstream delivery, then that means that everybody that works with you
    are workign with a tree that isn't ready for delivery, and that they
    cannot rely on.

    Just don't do it. If your tree is so ugly that you can't deliver it
    upstream, then don't deliver it sideways or downstream either. Keep it
    in your own pants, and don't make it public at all. Since nobody can
    trust it anyway, and since it isn't the final end result, why even
    bother? They can't rely on it, they can't work with it.

    So here's the *real* solution:

    - make sure your development tree is in good enough shape that you
    can make it public, and can ask me to pull it.

    It really is that simple. If you don't think it's in good enough
    shape, don't make it public.

      Last update: 2012-01-12 07:45    [W:0.021 / U:3.984 seconds]