SubjectRe: [BUG] kernel freezes with latest tree
On Tue, Jan 10, 2012 at 8:53 AM, Eric Dumazet <eric.dumazet@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am compiling your patch, but I want to point out that I got also
> lockups on my 64bit dev machine.

Ok. On 64-bit, I think all the casts should be no-ops, so none of the
cputime changes should matter.

I'm out of ideas. Those were the only two areas that had any merge
issues at all that I can think of. How confident are you of the
bisect? Is the lockup so reliable that you know you got it every time
you tried, and there isn't a question of "maybe I didn't let the
test-case run quite long enough" occasionally? The one downside of
bisection is that if any of the good/bad choices aren't right, you'll
end up with not just the wrong bisect, you can end up somewhere
*totally* wrong.

So it might be worth checking both parents of that merge individually,
and making doubly sure that both of them are really really solid and
don't see the problem. Just to make sure.

Has anybody seen other reports like this?

Linus

  Last update: 2012-01-10 18:03    [W:0.392 / U:0.668 seconds]