SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] hwmon fixes for 3.1
On Tue, Sep 06, 2011 at 07:16:13PM -0400, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> On Tue, Sep 6, 2011 at 9:13 AM, Guenter Roeck
> <guenter.roeck@ericsson.com> wrote:
> >
> > Please pull hwmon subsystem fixes for Linux 3.1 from:
> >
> >    git://github.com/groeck/linux.git hwmon-for-linus
>
> Guys, when using some general git hosting site, I really want some
> proof that you are you. Not just a "please pull".
>
> Tell me *why* I should believe that this is a real pull request from
> the proper source. Otherwise I'll just wait until kernel.org is back
> to life, where random people can't just create repositories and send
> email.

Hi Linus,

sorry, I didn't think that far. You are absolutely right. No idea if and how
I can prove that I am me. Generate a PGP signature ? Can't everyone do that
and subsequently claim to be me ? All I represent (technically) is an account
on kernel.org, which might not even exist anymore.

On the high side, there is only one "Guenter Roeck" in the US, so if you want
you can look me up and give me a call. But even if you would do that, you still
won't know for sure if the person talking to you is the electronic "me".
So I guess we are stuck.

The fixes are not that important and can wait. Please ignore my pull request;
I'll re-send it after kernel.org is up and running again.

Thanks,

Guenter