    SubjectRe: [159/244] ipc/mqueue.c: fix mq_open() return value
    On Thu, 29 Sep 2011 12:08:55 -0700
    Greg KH <gregkh@suse.de> wrote:

    > > And in fact, upon further reflection, I think maybe that particular
    > > test could use being split into two distinct tests. One for wrapping
    > > the byte counter, which would return -ENOMEM, and one for exceeding
    > > RLIMIT_MSGQUEUE which would return -EPERM (not sure if that's right, I
    > > would have to poke around elsewhere, but it seems a better response
    > > when you are violating a ulimit than nomem to me anyway).
    >
    > Ok, care to get the patch into Linus's tree and then I can take it into
    > stable?

    Doug, the thing to do here is to rework your recent mqueue patchset.
    Prepare a minimal, critical-stuff series of bugfix patches against
    current Linus mainline which is also applicable to -stable. We can
    merge that into 3.1 or, more likely, into 3.2-rc1/3.1.x.

    Then, later, we can merge up the less critical parts of that patchset.

    otoh, the only not-applicable-to-stable part of that patchset appears
    to be "[1/5] ipc/mqueue: cleanup definition names and locations" and
    it's fairly small. So we could perhaps just merge all five into
    3.2-rc1, with a -stable backport.

    Doing that backport would require that we first backport the buggy
    patches (ie: this one), which is a bit weird. Perhaps it would be
    better for you to prepare a reworked patch series for 3.0.x after
    that five-patch series hits mainline.

      Last update: 2011-09-29 21:39    [W:0.021 / U:31.208 seconds]