SubjectRe: Detection of Advanced Format drives
From
2011/9/28 Martin K. Petersen <martin.petersen@oracle.com>:

> Arun> A quick check of hdparm tells me that it is using the SG_IO ioctl
> Arun> for the ATA_OP_PIDENTIFY command. Maybe I have some hopes of
> Arun> having a correct result with the BLKPBSZGET ioctl. Will check that
> Arun> out.
>
> hdparm and the kernel are looking the same place for the physical block
> size. There should be no discrepancy between what hdparm can see and
> what's reported in physical_block_size by the kernel. The BLKPBSZGET
> returns the same topology parameter as sysfs' physical_block_size.
>
> --
> Martin K. Petersen      Oracle Linux Engineering
> --

plz remember, There are native 4k and 512B emulate.
In case of 512B emulate, you can see logical block size is 512Byte and
physical block size is 4KB.
Although you can access 512Byte, It should be access per 4KB in order
to prevent the loss of performance by RMW penalty.