SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 00/12] perf tools fixes

On 09/23/2011 05:46 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo wrote:
> Em Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 04:12:54PM -0700, Linus Torvalds escreveu:
>> On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
>> <acme@infradead.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Sorry about the noise, there is a problem in the way the python binding
>>> is built, i.e. it should notice that the header changed and rebuild the
>>> python binding, I bet this was what made David not notice it :-\
>>
>> Can you please make sure that gets fixed at some point too? No huge
>> hurry, it can wait for the next merge window, but bugs like that not
>> only cause this kind of stupid compile errors, they also cause really
>> odd "why doesn't it work" problems that people can spend tons and tons
>> of time debugging, because they don't really "exist" - they're just a
>> result of a stale object file that didn't get properly recompiled.
>
> Will get that fixed. Its a hell of a lot annoying to me.

My sincere apologies for introducing such a dumb failure; I always test
the hell out of my patches before submitting them.

In this case I did not have the python-devel rpm installed, so the
python path in perf was not traversed and I did not trip on this.
Situation remedied on my end.

Yes, the correct arg is 0.

David

>>> You noticed it probably because it was the first build of the tool on
>>> your local repo or used a new O= output dir.
>>
>> I do "git clean -dqfx" every once in a while (especially after having
>> done "make allmodconfig" builds before -rc releases etc), and I don't
>> recompile the perf tools very often. So yeah, this was the first build
>> after a cleanout event.
>
> Thanks for testing it that way. I'll do my best not to fail in such last
> minute -rc tests. <expletives about world-as-whe-known-it-falling-apart>
> removed. :-P
>
> - Arnaldo

  Last update: 2011-09-24 05:49    [W:0.047 / U:0.112 seconds]