    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 00/12] perf tools fixes
    Em Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 04:12:54PM -0700, Linus Torvalds escreveu:
    > On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
    > <acme@infradead.org> wrote:
    > >
    > > Sorry about the noise, there is a problem in the way the python binding
    > > is built, i.e. it should notice that the header changed and rebuild the
    > > python binding, I bet this was what made David not notice it :-\
    >
    > Can you please make sure that gets fixed at some point too? No huge
    > hurry, it can wait for the next merge window, but bugs like that not
    > only cause this kind of stupid compile errors, they also cause really
    > odd "why doesn't it work" problems that people can spend tons and tons
    > of time debugging, because they don't really "exist" - they're just a
    > result of a stale object file that didn't get properly recompiled.

    Will get that fixed. Its a hell of a lot annoying to me.

    > > You noticed it probably because it was the first build of the tool on
    > > your local repo or used a new O= output dir.
    >
    > I do "git clean -dqfx" every once in a while (especially after having
    > done "make allmodconfig" builds before -rc releases etc), and I don't
    > recompile the perf tools very often. So yeah, this was the first build
    > after a cleanout event.

    Thanks for testing it that way. I'll do my best not to fail in such last
    minute -rc tests. <expletives about world-as-whe-known-it-falling-apart>
    removed. :-P

    - Arnaldo

      Last update: 2011-09-24 01:49    [W:0.024 / U:0.052 seconds]