    SubjectRe: [GIT PULL 00/12] perf tools fixes
    On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 2:25 PM, Arnaldo Carvalho de Melo
    <acme@infradead.org> wrote:

    > Sorry about the noise, there is a problem in the way the python binding
    > is built, i.e. it should notice that the header changed and rebuild the
    > python binding, I bet this was what made David not notice it :-\

    Can you please make sure that gets fixed at some point too? No huge
    hurry, it can wait for the next merge window, but bugs like that not
    only cause this kind of stupid compile errors, they also cause really
    odd "why doesn't it work" problems that people can spend tons and tons
    of time debugging, because they don't really "exist" - they're just a
    result of a stale object file that didn't get properly recompiled.

    > You noticed it probably because it was the first build of the tool on
    > your local repo or used a new O= output dir.

    I do "git clean -dqfx" every once in a while (especially after having
    done "make allmodconfig" builds before -rc releases etc), and I don't
    recompile the perf tools very often. So yeah, this was the first build
    after a cleanout event.

    Linus

      Last update: 2011-09-24 01:15    [W:0.019 / U:59.200 seconds]