    Subject[RFD 0/9] per-cgroup /proc/stat statistics
    Date
    Hi,

    Since I've sent already a RFC about it, I am sending now a RFD.
    If you eager for meaning, this can then be a "Request for Doctors",
    since Peter is likely to have a heart attack now.

    So here's the deal:

    * My main goal here was to demonstrate that we can avoid double accounting
    in a lot of places. So what I did was getting rid of the original and first
    kstat mechanism, and use only cgroups accounting for that. Since the parent
    is always updated, the original stats are the one for the root cgroup.
    * I believe that all those cpu cgroups are confusing and should be unified. Not
    that we can simply get rid of it, but my goal here is to provide all the
    information they do, in cpu cgroup. If the set of tasks needed for accounting
    is not independent of the ones in cpu cgroup, we can avoid double accounting
    for that. I default cpuacct to n, but leave it to people that wants to use it
    alone.
    * Well, I'm also doing what I was doing originally: Providing a per-cgroup version
    of the /proc/stat file.

    Glauber Costa (9):
    Change cpustat fields to an array.
    Move /proc/stat logic inside sched.c
    Display /proc/stat information per cgroup
    Make total_forks per-cgroup
    per-cgroup boot time
    Report steal time for cgroup
    provide a version of cpuacct statistics inside cpu cgroup
    provide a version of cpuusage statistics inside cpu cgroup
    Change CPUACCT to default n

    fs/proc/stat.c | 117 +---------
    fs/proc/uptime.c | 2 +-
    include/linux/kernel_stat.h | 48 +++--
    include/linux/sched.h | 5 +
    init/Kconfig | 1 +
    kernel/fork.c | 9 +-
    kernel/sched_fair.c | 2 +-
    kernel/sched_rt.c | 2 +-

    1.7.6

      Last update: 2011-09-24 00:25    [W:0.020 / U:0.492 seconds]