    SubjectRe: Proposal for a low-level Linux display framework
    From
    On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 5:55 PM, Keith Packard wrote:
    > I'm not sure we need a new abstraction that subsumes both DSI and SDVO,

    Ok. SDVO fits within the current abstraction, but I guess what I'm fishing
    for is more code sharing of encoders. For instance, the SDVO code in GMA500
    could be shared with i915. I'm currently working on copying the i915 SDVO code
    over to GMA500, but sharing it would be even better.

    > but we may need a DSI library that can be used by both DRM and other
    > parts of the kernel.

    Ok, not sure I understand the complexity of DSI. Can overlay composition
    occur after/at the DSI stage (through MCS perhaps)? Or is it a matter of
    panels requiring special scanout buffer formats that for instance V4L needs
    to know about in order to overlay stuff properly? Or am I getting it all wrong?

    Thanks
    -Patrik

      Last update: 2011-09-20 23:23    [W:0.039 / U:392.804 seconds]