SubjectRe: [patch 2/2] fs, proc: Introduce the /proc/<pid>/map_files/ directory v12
Hi!

> > > This one behaves similarly to the /proc/<pid>/fd/ one - it contains symlinks
> > > one for each mapping with file, the name of a symlink is "vma->vm_start-vma->vm_end",
> > > the target is the file. Opening a symlink results in a file that point exactly
> > > to the same inode as them vma's one.
> >
> > We should fully work through Pavel Machek's comments, please. For some
> > reason I'm a bit paranoid about security lately :(
>
> Pavel, I somehow lost. What exactly the security issue here? There are a few
> patches from Vasiliy in -mm queue at moment. In particular one includes
> .permission set for fd/ handling. So I've updated the map_files as well
> (it's below). So please review and point me where the problem
> is. Thanks!

AFAICT, this recreates existing problem with /proc/<pid>/fd (see
discussion at

http://www.securityfocus.com/archive/1/507386/30/0/threaded

). It creates object that looks like symlink, but does not behave as
one, and permissions of directories are not checked as they would be
if it was a symlink.

Pavel

  Last update: 2011-09-14 13:17    [W:0.067 / U:0.308 seconds]