SubjectRe: SDHCI regression since 2.6.39
Date
Hi,

On Tue, Sep 13 2011, Jeremy Fitzhardinge wrote:
>> If it is running, and not helping, can I persuade you to try a full
>> bisection?
>
> OK, will do.

Thank you!

>> I don't think we have other reports of this bug, and the
>> only other person who has reported something like it wasn't a kernel
>> hacker.
>
> That's interesting; the X220 is a pretty common machine these days, I
> think. I wonder if there's variations in the SD controller or something?

I just asked Matthew Garrett to check his X220, and his has the same e823
controller as you, is running a 3.1-rc kernel, and everything's working.

So it's not even variation in the controller model, it's something even
more subtle. Perhaps try some different cards? What capacity/speed is
the one you're trying? If there is a per-card difference, I suppose
we'd expect it to be that slower cards work and faster cards fail
(given the nature of the patch I linked in my last mail).

Thanks,

- Chris.
--
Chris Ball <cjb@laptop.org> <http://printf.net/>