    SubjectRe: [ANNOUNCE] 3.0.1-rt8
    On Tue, 2011-08-09 at 11:31 -0700, Fernando Lopez-Lezcano wrote:
    > Hmmm, what are reasonable values for CONFIG_RCU_BOOST_PRIO and
    > CONFIG_RCU_BOOST_DELAY? (or at least what are you using?).

    I'm using the defaults, since I haven't actually got a workload besides
    compiling kernels ;-)

    Changing these values is very much workload dependent, the PRIO should
    be high enough not to cause memory starvation, but low enough not to
    disrupt anything important, and thus completely dependent on you
    favourite RT workload.

    The same goes for the DELAY, too long and you run out of memory, too
    short and you get more overhead, depends on your workload, your machine
    memory size etc..

    Paul should of course be put on trial for giving us these knobs, but
    seeing where they come from I totally understand they exist ;-)

      Last update: 2011-08-09 20:51    [W:0.022 / U:0.384 seconds]