    SubjectRe: [patch v2 05/35] Hexagon: Add syscalls
    Date
    On Tuesday 30 August 2011, Richard Kuo wrote:
    > +/*
    > + * Many archictures support both sys_mmap and sys_mmap2, which use
    > + * a common do_mmap2 function to do the work. So long as we support
    > + * only mmap2, we do it all in-line here.
    > + */
    > +asmlinkage int sys_mmap2(unsigned long addr, size_t len, unsigned long prot,
    > + unsigned long flags, unsigned long fd,
    > + unsigned long pgoff)
    > +{

    > +}
    > +
    > +/* apparently this should only map on page boundaries */
    > +asmlinkage int sys_mmap(unsigned long addr, size_t len,
    > + unsigned long prot, unsigned long flags,
    > + unsigned long fd, off_t off)

    The first comment doesn't make sense when you have the seconf function
    as well. I thought I had commented that you should not provide either one
    anyway and just use sys_mmap_pgoff() directly, like openrisc does.

    It would probably be useful to change asm-generic/unistd.h to do that by
    default, and change the architectures that still use mmap2 with
    asm-generic/unistd.h to do a manual override.

    Arnd

      Last update: 2011-08-31 15:37    [W:0.021 / U:1.392 seconds]