    SubjectRe: Revert needed: udev spewing warnons on common systems in 3.0
    On Tue, 2 Aug 2011, Andi Kleen wrote:

    > And that's fine because nothing is fundamentally broken here that
    > needs urgent fixing (except for that bogus backtrace of course)

    Maybe not urgent, but needs to be fixed within the next 12 months because
    all of the users of /proc/pid/oom_adj thus far have been to disable oom
    killing for the thread and that protection isn't guaranteed when the
    tunable is removed. Doing echo -17 > /proc/pid/oom_adj is a pretty good
    indicator that the process is important.

    > The right way is to add a one linker printk_once and then just wait
    > for a few years.

    This is what I did, except I waited one year instead of a few and now I
    wanted to add a more verbose warning for those that still haven't been
    fixed because we're one year away from the tunable's scheduled removal.
    If you're going to reply with a concern about the stack trace again,
    please see my patch I posted for Linus if the kernel log parsers are
    really that delicate.

      Last update: 2011-08-02 23:53    [W:0.024 / U:0.420 seconds]