    SubjectRe: [patch 0/3] kdump: Add external kdump entry point for s390 stand-alone dump tools
    Hello Simon,

    On Fri, 2011-08-19 at 10:14 +0900, Simon Horman wrote:
    > On Fri, Jul 29, 2011 at 02:39:44PM +0200, Michael Holzheu wrote:
    > > Hello Vivek,
    > >
    > > I finished the patches that add the stand-alone dump tools support on
    > > top of the recently sent v2 patch series. The following three patches
    > > implement the program check idea that we have discussed recently:
    > >
    > > [1] kdump: Add new machine_kexec_finish() architecture callback
    > > [2] s390: Add external kdump entry point for s390 stand-alone dump tools
    > > [3] kexec-tools: Emit program check on s390 for checksum failure
    >
    > Hi Michael,
    >
    > in general I am fine with these patches and happy to merge them

    That's good news.

    > although I am a little unclear about the status of the kernel side of
    > things. Please let me know if you would like me to merge the kexec-tools
    > patches now or wait a bit (for an updated version?).

    I think that we are almost done with the discussion. I will send you my
    current kexec-tools patches and would be glad, if you could integrate
    them now.

    From Monday I will be two weeks on vacation. If there are additional
    questions please contact Martin Schwidefsky and Heiko Carstens.

    > Also, if you could give me any pointers on how to obtain an s390
    > cross-compiling environment for x86_64 I would be most grateful.

    There are debian packages for under:
    http://debian.speedblue.org/

    Michael

      Last update: 2011-08-19 14:55    [W:0.024 / U:33.016 seconds]