SubjectSupport for exFAT fs in the kernel?
Dear Ogawa-san,

Looking for the FAT relevant person in the MAINTAINERS file I found you.

It seems that more and more devices support high capacity SDXC flash cards that
comes with the exFAT file system (aka FAT64), and I have recently acquired one
myself, a Panasonic video camcorder, so I am interested in how the support is
coming along in Linux?

I have a 64GB SDXC flashcard and if I format it eg. ext2 I can happily use it as

an external storage chip in Linux, but every time I have gone around the
Panasonic camera and acquired video that I would like to store on my Linux
hosts, I can't go straight to them because of missing support for exFAT.

Please let me know if there is anything I can do, except actual development, as
I am not a hard core Linux kernel developer, just a long time user.

I haven't subscribed to the kernel mailing list, so including a direct reply
to me would be appreciated.

Best regards,
Peter

  Last update: 2011-07-08 21:25    [W:0.041 / U:0.200 seconds]