SubjectRe: regulator: tps65020 support
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 12:03:46AM +0200, Marcus Folkesson wrote:

> This patch gives support for the tps65020 voltage regulator from Texas
> Instruments.
> The support is added to the existing tps65023 regulator.
>
> It also fixes two bugs:
> * The original driver does not allow core voltage adjustments by the
> I2C bus. (clearing CORE ADJ bit in CTRL2 register).
> * The original driver does not either telling the chip that the
> DEFCORE register i changed by setting the GO bit in CTRL2.
>
> I have read SubmittingPatches and think all should be okay (this is my
> first submit :-) ), but I still have two questions:

No, a few more issues from SubmittingPatches you need to take care of:

- Use git format-patch -M to show the diff, right now the patch just
looks like deleting a bunch of files and adding some new ones which is
very hard to review.
- Split out the bug fixes from the rename, one change per patch.
- Submit in the format specified in SubmittingPatches, not as an
attachment.

> * The patch is renaming tps65023-regulator.c to tps6502x-regulator.c
> (and edits the corresponding Kconfig/Makefile) since it now handles
> both tps65020 and tps65023. Is this allowed or is the Kconfig and
> Makefile files holy or something?

That's fine but you need to take care of any users.

> * checkpatch.pl is showing two warnings about lines over 80
> characters, but this is not really truth. The lines is splitted up so
> it should not complain. Please take a look.

If you think there's a bug in checkpatch please tell the checkpatch
maintainers.

  Last update: 2011-07-26 10:53    [W:0.039 / U:0.828 seconds]