SubjectRe: [GIT PULL] core/printk changes for v3.1
On Tue, Jul 26, 2011 at 1:12 PM, Arnaud Lacombe <lacombar@gmail.com> wrote:

> [0]: I still have to find an easy way to transfer patch between gmail
> and my tree... For now, I ruled out mutt as it mangle the patch...

The gmail web interface on the *receiving* end is easy enough, and I
do it all the time: just go to the per-email menu in the upper right
corner of the email, and choose "Show original". Then you just save
that, and you're done.

Sadly, the gmail web interface cannot *send* patches without
whitespace-mangling them. You have to send them as attachements, and
there is no way to say "do this attachement inline".

Sad, sad, sad. gmail gets so many other things right, but sending
patches is a big pain in the *ss for no good reason.

The gmail web client also does threading the wrong way (by subject
line rather than by following references), but that's apparently what
Windows people want and are used to because of how Exchange works. Or
so I've been told - I've never touched that pile of crap. It's sad how
it has then resulted in crud in gmail. It's not like proper threading
is some kind of unheard-of feature..

Linus

  Last update: 2011-07-26 22:33    [W:0.085 / U:0.884 seconds]