    Subject[RFC GIT PULL] x86 entry / perf stacktrace changes

    Please pull the perf/stacktrace branch that can be found at:

    Or may be not yet. It's still in RFC because I would like
    to ensure I did not break cfi annotations. I hope Jan beulich
    or others can have a look.

    Sorry to mess up irq entry and perf stacktrace changes in the same
    topic. But the changes happen to be very interconnected.

    Several cleanups, fixes and optimizations for the x86-64
    stacktraces and irq entry.

    Last patch seems to add a bit of overhead in the irq entry
    (one more "push") but given the changes made in previous
    patches, the end result is a more optimized and more clear irq

    Frederic Weisbecker (6):
    x86: Save stack pointer in perf live regs savings
    x86: Fetch stack from regs when possible in dump_trace()
    x86,64: Simplify save_regs()
    x86,64: Separate arg1 from rbp handling in SAVE_REGS_IRQ
    x86: Remove useless unwinder backlink from irq regs saving
    x86: Don't use frame pointer to save old stack on irq entry

    arch/x86/include/asm/perf_event.h | 5 +++
    arch/x86/kernel/dumpstack_64.c | 37 +++-----------------
    arch/x86/kernel/entry_64.S | 69 ++++++++++++++++--------------------

      Last update: 2011-07-02 18:33    [W:0.019 / U:17.400 seconds]