    SubjectRe: bridge/netfilter: regression in 2.6.39.1
    Le lundi 06 juin 2011 à 11:32 -0400, Neil Horman a écrit :

    > Not to drag this out further, but since you illustrated the correct way to do
    > this with the blackhole_ops test, and this modification now gives us two
    > instances of that case, would it perhaps be better to just do this in
    > dst_metrics_write_ptr:
    >
    > return dst->ops->cow_metrics ? return dst->ops->cow_metrics(dst, p) : NULL;
    >
    > Then we could eliminate the two functions that do nothing be retun NULL (along
    > with their respective call instructions), and save any future users from having
    > to remember to include a dummy cow_metrics method if they happen to set the read
    > only flag on thier dst_ops?

    Well, I prefer how David coded the thing.
    We can add selective traces where we want.

    Having a default behavior might give much more work to find a bug in
    this area. A NULL pointer access gives us an immediate indication.

    Its a bit late to add an "if (dst->ops->cow_metrics)" test now that we
    covered all call sites ;)

    But we probably have more bugs elsewhere, because of many dst changes in
    2.6.39