    SubjectRe: immediately reboots/resets on EFI system
    Hi Jim,

    2011/6/3 Jim Bos <>:
    > On 06/03/2011 03:33 PM, Matthew Garrett wrote:
    >> On Fri, Jun 03, 2011 at 03:05:26PM +0200, Jim Bos wrote:
    >>> *,
    >>> Just applied but my system: 64-bit SLackware, 8GB RAM, MSI mobo
    >>> P67A-C45 bios V1.9. previously happily booting via EFI (nice to see
    >>> Linux and the other OS actually NOT overwriting each others boot
    >>> loaders!) immediately re-booted just after loading the kernel.
    >>> Not even a single message is making it on the console, almost immediate
    >>> system reset.  As I noticed there are several EFI related patches, I
    >>> first tried to backout the change to setup.c but that didn't help so
    >>> backing out all the efi changes in the patch, i.e. the files:
    >>>  - arch/x86/kernel/setup.c
    >>>  - arch/x86/platform/efi/efi.c
    >>>  - arch/x86/platform/efi/efi_64.c
    >>> and sure enough system is booting on with these changes removed.
    >> Can you try just reverting
    >> "x86, efi: Retain boot service code until after switching to virtual mode"
    >> ? You've got 143 boot services/code regions, which is more than I'd
    >> tested against, so I'm unsure whether we're overflowing something here.
    > That's seems to be the only EFI patch in and I effectively
    > removed by =not= applying (skipping) the parts of the patch to
    > above 3 files.
    > So yes removing "x86, efi: Retain boot service code until after
    > switching to virtual mode" indeed fixes the problem for me.
    Does manually applying commit 9cd2b07c1 fix things for
    commit is: x86, efi: Consolidate EFI nx control

    There will be 1 apply failure, need to change the call to
    early_mapping_set_exec in early_runtime_code_mapping_set_exec to

      Last update: 2011-06-06 17:29    [W:0.022 / U:2.992 seconds]