Subject2.6.39.1 immediately reboots/resets on EFI system

Just applied but my system: 64-bit SLackware, 8GB RAM, MSI mobo
P67A-C45 bios V1.9. previously happily booting via EFI (nice to see
Linux and the other OS actually NOT overwriting each others boot
loaders!) immediately re-booted just after loading the kernel.

Not even a single message is making it on the console, almost immediate
system reset. As I noticed there are several EFI related patches, I
first tried to backout the change to setup.c but that didn't help so
backing out all the efi changes in the patch, i.e. the files:
- arch/x86/kernel/setup.c
- arch/x86/platform/efi/efi.c
- arch/x86/platform/efi/efi_64.c
and sure enough system is booting on with these changes removed.

Attached dmesg+config from the system on =without= the changes
to efi.

Anything I can do to further narrow down what's causing this?

[unhandled content-type:application/gzip][unhandled content-type:application/gzip]