    Subject2.6.39.1 immediately reboots/resets on EFI system

    Just applied but my system: 64-bit SLackware, 8GB RAM, MSI mobo
    P67A-C45 bios V1.9. previously happily booting via EFI (nice to see
    Linux and the other OS actually NOT overwriting each others boot
    loaders!) immediately re-booted just after loading the kernel.

    Not even a single message is making it on the console, almost immediate
    system reset. As I noticed there are several EFI related patches, I
    first tried to backout the change to setup.c but that didn't help so
    backing out all the efi changes in the patch, i.e. the files:
    - arch/x86/kernel/setup.c
    - arch/x86/platform/efi/efi.c
    - arch/x86/platform/efi/efi_64.c
    and sure enough system is booting on with these changes removed.

    Attached dmesg+config from the system on =without= the changes
    to efi.

    Anything I can do to further narrow down what's causing this?

    [unhandled content-type:application/gzip][unhandled content-type:application/gzip]
     \ /
      Last update: 2011-06-03 15:07    [W:0.022 / U:42.532 seconds]