SubjectRe: CFS Bandwidth Control - Test results of cgroups tasks pinned vs unpinned
* Paul Turner <pjt@google.com> [2011-06-21 12:48:17]:

> Hi Kamalesh,
>
> Can you see what things look like under v7?
>
> There's been a few improvements to quota re-distribution that should
> hopefully help your test case.
>
> The remaining idle% I see on my machines appear to be a product of
> load-balancer inefficiency.
>
> Thanks!
>
> - Paul
(snip)

Hi Paul,

Sorry for the delay in the response. I tried the V7 patchset on
top of tip. Patchset passed different combinations build and boot
tests.

I have re-run the tests with couple of combinations on the same
2 socket,4 core, HT box. The test data was collected for 60 seconds
run

un-pinned and cpu shares of 1024
Top five cgroups and its sub-cgroups were assigned default
cpu shares of 1024.

Average CPU Idle percentage 21.8333%
Bandwidth shared with remaining non-Idle 78.1667%

un-pinned and cpu shares are proportional
Top five cgroups were assigned cpu shares proportional to
no of sub-cgroups it has under its hierarchy.
For example cgroup1's share is (1024*2) = 2048 and each sub-cgroups
has shares of 1024.

Average CPU Idle percentage 14.2%
Bandwidth shared with remaining non-Idle 85.8%

pinned and cpu shares of 1024
Average CPU Idle percentage 0.0666667%
Bandwidth shared with remaining non-Idle 99.9333333%

pinned and cpu shares are proportional
Average CPU Idle percentage 0%
Bandwidth shared with remaining non-Idle 100%

I have captured the perf sched stats for every run. Let me
know if that will help. I can mail them to you privately.

Thanks,
Kamalesh.

  Last update: 2011-06-24 17:09    [W:0.018 / U:0.524 seconds]