    SubjectRe: REGRESSION: Performance regressions from switching anon_vma->lock to mutex

    Peter Zijlstra <> wrote:
    >that sysconf() wreckage closed the gap considerably (needing to know
    >number of cpus to optimize locking sounds like a trainwreck all of its
    >own, needing it _that_ often instead of just once at startup is even

    Yeah, I think it's ridiculous to say that glibc is not doing something stupid and that it's a problem with kernel interfaces.

    Do the proc file parsing once and cache the result in a static variable. Doing it over and over again is just crazy.

    Adding new system calls because glibc is crazy is insane.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-06-15 23:55    [W:0.021 / U:3.004 seconds]