    SubjectRe: Change in functionality of futex() system call.
    >> Off topic: current futex documentations are near terribly unclear and
    >> many futex op are completely undocumented. They are one of root cause
    >> that every change can make compatibility issue. (;_;
    > What documentation are you referring to? The futex man page is a wreck,
    > and I'm not sure what to do with it since glibc removed the futex()
    > call. You now have to wrap the syscall manually anyway.

    Honestly, I don't know linux man pages policy at all. example, gettid(2)
    also need to be wrap syscall manually. and it's documented and NOTES section
    describe "Glibc does not provide a wrapper for this system call; call it
    using syscall(2)".

    Or, if nobody want to update the doc, shouldn't we just remove futex(2) man
    pages? out date docs are often wrong than nothing. I dunno.

    > If you are referring to the futex.c file itself, I have been documenting
    > functions as I modify them. If you found any of those lacking, please
    > let me know which ones and I'll try to clean them up. If you're
    > referring to those that remain undocumented, please send a doc patch and
    > I'll review and help get it upstream. I'd like to see this improved as well.

    No. I think the comments of futex.c are very good, at least, than a lot of mm code. ;)

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-06-13 04:13    [W:0.022 / U:118.284 seconds]