SubjectReporting screen/laptop orientation data to userspace
Hi all,
the WMI interfaces in some Lenovo Ideapad laptops provide notification
callbacks when the laptop orientation changes, reporting 4 different
values defining the new orientation.

I'd like to extend the ideapad-laptop driver with this information; but
how should it be reported to userspace? I initially thought of the input
subsystem, but I cannot find any suitable event codes; then I would
probably export it as a device under /sys, or are there better options?

Are there other devices which provide coarse orientation data to
userspace, which I might want to use as a reference?
I guess that at least some display screens have this feature.

TIA,
Alberto

--
http://blog.mardy.it <- geek in un lingua international!

  Last update: 2011-05-29 09:51    [W:0.125 / U:1.308 seconds]