    SubjectRe: 2.6.39: crash w/threadirqs option enabled

    On Fri, 20 May 2011, Justin Piszcz wrote:

    > On Fri, 20 May 2011, Thomas Gleixner wrote:

    >>> It crashed at 2100, this is when I run a few I/O intensive processes:
    >>> - backup (dump ext4 filesystem -> to a separate raid device)
    >>> - backup (dump ext4 on remote host -> to separate raid device)
    >>> - backup (dump xfs on remote host -> to separate raid device)
    >>>
    >>> This looks like it is what caused it to crash.
    >>
    >> That narrows it down somewhat, but does not give us a clue at all :(

    >>> The host was online and I went away for awhile, when I came back the
    >>> system
    >>> had rebooted on its own (as I lost all of my X windows/etc).
    >>
    >> Hmm. Did you have panic_timeout set ?
    >
    > Hi,
    >
    > No, I do not use panic_timeout or any type of watchdog that would reboot
    > the system upon a lockup/crash.
    >
    > Justin.

    Hi,

    I like to be as accurate as possible, since this occurred, I've removed
    threadirqs..

    Please disregard this, I also updated the BIOS on the same day (BIOS
    update + kernel update), I'm re-running w/thread irqs enabled again, and
    I'll update you if there are any issues, thanks.

    (I've set the bios to factory defaults -> tweaked), we'll see what
    happens.

    Justin.

      Last update: 2011-05-26 18:33    [W:0.023 / U:1.976 seconds]