SubjectRe: [RFC] lib: crc8: add new library module providing crc8 algorithm
On 05/22/2011 04:19 PM, Alan Cox wrote:
> Is it just used for wireless in this form ?
>
> See the n_gsm and bluetooth code for what I think is the same crc
> algorithm but in reverse bit order .

Hi Alan,

Look into the code in n_gsm and bluetooth code. The algorithm is the
same, but except for the bit order it also is using a different
polynomial. My current implementation has a fixed table. I could do the
table generation runtime with the polynomial and the bit order as
parameters. That would make it more general purpose.

Gr. AvS

--
Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
-- H.P. Lovecraft --