SubjectRe: [RFC] lib: crc8: add new library module providing crc8 algorithm
On 05/22/2011 04:19 PM, Alan Cox wrote:
> Is it just used for wireless in this form ?
> See the n_gsm and bluetooth code for what I think is the same crc
> algorithm but in reverse bit order .

Hi Alan,

Look into the code in n_gsm and bluetooth code. The algorithm is the
same, but except for the bit order it also is using a different
polynomial. My current implementation has a fixed table. I could do the
table generation runtime with the polynomial and the bit order as
parameters. That would make it more general purpose.

Gr. AvS

Almost nobody dances sober, unless they happen to be insane.
-- H.P. Lovecraft --