    SubjectRe: [RFC/PATCH 00/13] wl12xx re-factor
    On Sat, 2011-05-14 at 00:26 +0300, Felipe Balbi wrote:
    > Hi Luca,

    Hi Felipe,

    > this is the re-factor I was talking to you
    > about. Please have a look and give your
    > comments.
    > It probably won't work as is, I compile
    > tested only, but it shows the idea.

    This looks very good! I think we should do something like this to avoid
    the code that is duplicated in the bus modules.

    But, as I already mentioned briefly on IRC, there is a problem with the
    way you changed the platform data structure, because it will break
    compat-wireless. The actual memory and data that is used by the
    platform data is in the board components and not part of the wireless
    subsystem. With compat-wireless, we need to make sure that new stuff
    works with older kernels. In your patches you modify the platform data
    structure, so when we run an old kernel with new compat-wireless, things
    will break.

    We already found a similar bug due to a previous change in the platform
    data structure, so I don't want this to happen again. So for now, I'll
    keep these patches aside, but as soon as we find a good solution, I'll
    definitely use your ideas here (or ask you to rebase :P).

    I'll probably apply some of the patches that are not related to the
    platform data change. I'll respond to those specific patches

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-05-19 14:51    [W:0.020 / U:320.740 seconds]