    SubjectRe: [RFC] ib_srpt: initial .40-rc1 drivers/infiniband/ulp/srpt merge
    On Wed, May 18, 2011 at 11:02 AM, Bart Van Assche <> wrote:
    > Thanks for the feedback. I'm still wondering though about the
    > usefulness of disabling / enabling SRPT per HCA port. For the use
    > cases I know about SRP communication over all target ports will be
    > enabled as soon as target configuration has finished and more
    > fine-grained access configuration will occur by allowing/disallowing
    > certain initiators to log in.

    I definitely think that allowing the flexibility to configure ports individually
    is required. It's easy to imagine a case with a separate front-end and
    back-end networks on the two HCA ports (this would be a pretty normal
    ethernet config), where only one port should be a target port.

    It may not be how people do things now but it should at least be possible.

    - R.

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-05-18 21:19    [W:0.019 / U:5.016 seconds]