SubjectRe: [RFC] x86, NMI, Treat unknown NMI as hardware error
On Tue, May 17, 2011 at 09:38:47AM -0700, Andi Kleen wrote:
> > Can we agree on this, that if an OEM implemented HEST properly such that a
> > hardware error happens it will generate a GHES record. The subsequent NMI
>
> Apparently there are some (rare) corner cases where it's hard/impossible
> to do. So in those cases you will see an NMI without record.

Hmm, I would be interested to know what kind, but it doesn't matter I
guess.

> In the "normal" error case you will a GHES record on NMI.

Random thought, in the Firmware first mode of HEST (which is the only way
GHES records get produced??), does an SCI happen first to jump into the
firmware for processing, then an NMI?

Cheers,
Don

©2003-2011 Jasper Spaans