SubjectRe: data consistency of high page
From
Hi.

As you know, there is cache operation about highpage in arm arch.

arch/arm/mm/flush.c
if (!PageHighMem(page)) {
__cpuc_flush_dcache_area(page_address(page), PAGE_SIZE);
} else {
void *addr = kmap_high_get(page);
if (addr) {
__cpuc_flush_dcache_area(addr, PAGE_SIZE);
kunmap_high(page);
} else if (cache_is_vipt()) {
/* unmapped pages might still be cached */
addr = kmap_atomic(page);
__cpuc_flush_dcache_area(addr, PAGE_SIZE);
kunmap_atomic(addr);
}
}

currently, mips kernel just return without cache operation.

Would you plz tell me your opinion ?

Thanks.