SubjectRe: 2.6.39-rc5-git2 boot crashs
Date
Enclosed the config and compilation log file (with some
warnings, things which should be corrected also). Perhaps
it's useful for find the error.

Right now my computer crashed again when I unzipped a big
file. As said in the 2.6.39-rc1 until -rc4 reclamations,
the computer always crashs if zip, unzip or move big
files. This looks like an error of the memory / paging
driver.

w.r.t. my last message, it should be ata1 rather than ata0
. ( See, enclosed a foto of such reboot-resistent
secondary crashs (happened after a big primary crash) on
which 'anything' was interpreted as ata )

wl

On Fri, 29 Apr 2011 20:09:16 -0700
Linus Torvalds <torvalds@linux-foundation.org> wrote:
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2011 at 8:02 PM, Al Viro
><viro@zeniv.linux.org.uk> wrote:
>>
>> Wait a bit; _can_ we get there with non-NULL
>>->s_master_inode et.al.?
>> iput(NULL) is a noop...  I don't think so, since
>>logfs_init_journal()
>> is not called until after we initialize that list.
>>
>> Not that I'd object against taking that initialization
>>earlier, of course,
>> but there seems to be something else going on...  Which
>>iput() it is?
>
> Not something I can guess from the oops, sadly. Gcc has
>inlined
> everything into logfs_mount, and the "0x44f/0x5cc"
>offset isn't very
> helpful (with the same compiler version and config
>options it would be
> possible to figure it out).
>
> But looking at it, logfs_init_mapping() is currently
>called before
> "s_freeing_list" is initialized, and it sets up at least
> s_mapping_inode. So if anything fails between that point
>and the point
> where we initialize s_freeing_list, I think we're toast.
>
> I didn't check the other inodes, but at least that one
>does seem to be
> potentially non-NULL. No?
>
> Linus

"werner" <w.landgraf@ru.ru>
---
Professional hosting for everyone - http://www.host.ru
[unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:application/octet-stream][unhandled content-type:image/jpeg]

  Last update: 2011-04-30 06:03    [W:1.701 / U:0.572 seconds]