    SubjectRe: Soft lockup during suspend since ~2.6.36
    Date
    On Sunday 03 April 2011, Thilo-Alexander Ginkel wrote:
    > Transcript:
    > | RIP: _raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore
    > | Call Stack:
    > | _set_cpus_allowed_ptr
    > | worker_maybe_bind_and_lock
    > | rescuer_thread
    > | rescuer_thread
    > | kernel_thread_helper
    > | kthread
    > | kernel_thread_helper
    > | kthread
    >
    > After some more time, the following backtrace is printed:
    > https://secure.tgbyte.de/dropbox/ueph3Ohm-3.jpg
    >
    > Transcript:
    > | RIP: worker_maybe_bind_and_lock
    > | Call Stack:
    > | rescuer_thread
    > | rescuer_thread
    > | kernel_thread_helper
    > | kthread
    > | kernel_thread_helper
    > | kthread
    >
    > From then on these two backtraces are printed in an alternating fashion.
    >
    > Unfortunately, the top of the output is missing as it does not fit on
    > screen (does someone know an even smaller console font?), but I assume
    > it's the deadlock detection.

    The interesting thing is that the backtrace is from unlock, not from lock,
    so it can't really be a deadlock. However, the _raw_spin_unlock_irqrestore
    function calls debug_spin_unlock(), which does a few sanity check. Maybe
    one of those got triggered.

    The easiest way to get the full output is usually to attach a serial
    NULL modem cable and redirect the console to that, so you can get the
    output on another machine. Another idea would be to modify the
    show_registers function in arch/x86/kernel/dumpstack_64.c so that
    it prints less data.

    Yet another idea would be to set /sys/kernel/printk_delay so that the
    oops gets printed slower.

    Arnd

      Last update: 2011-04-04 05:05    [W:0.025 / U:0.028 seconds]