    SubjectRe: Kbuild: how to cleanly retrieve information compilation about the last build
    From
    Hello,

    On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 4:33 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu> wrote:
    > On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 16:04:57 +0200, Francis Moreau said:
    >
    >> For example a user can do:
    >>
    >>   $ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-
    >>
    >> Then call my script and expect it to pass the same flags to make.
    >
    > Odd, don't ARCH and CROSS_COMPILE get saved in the .config?

    I could but not always since it can be passed to the command line.

    > What *are* you trying to pass to kbuild that isn't either saved in the .config
    > or deduced at build time (the cross-compile gets saved, stuff like "where is
    > python?" is deduced).  Is there a *real* problem you're hitting here, or is
    > it merely theoretical?

    Again, I'd like to know how the makefile has been called the last time it run.

    Some flags can be passed and influence the rebuild process and I don't
    want my script to rebuild the whole kernel because my script doesn't
    invoke the makefile as the user (command line) did.

    For example, user did:

    $ make CC=distcc

    then call my script:

    $ my-script