SubjectRe: Kbuild: how to cleanly retrieve information compilation about the last build
From
Hello,

On Sat, Apr 16, 2011 at 4:33 PM, <Valdis.Kletnieks@vt.edu> wrote:
> On Sat, 16 Apr 2011 16:04:57 +0200, Francis Moreau said:
>
>> For example a user can do:
>>
>>   $ make ARCH=arm CROSS_COMPILE=arm-linux-
>>
>> Then call my script and expect it to pass the same flags to make.
>
> Odd, don't ARCH and CROSS_COMPILE get saved in the .config?

I could but not always since it can be passed to the command line.

> What *are* you trying to pass to kbuild that isn't either saved in the .config
> or deduced at build time (the cross-compile gets saved, stuff like "where is
> python?" is deduced).  Is there a *real* problem you're hitting here, or is
> it merely theoretical?

Again, I'd like to know how the makefile has been called the last time it run.

Some flags can be passed and influence the rebuild process and I don't
want my script to rebuild the whole kernel because my script doesn't
invoke the makefile as the user (command line) did.

For example, user did:

$ make CC=distcc

then call my script:

$ my-script