    SubjectRe: [Regression] 2.6.38 ncpfs
    On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:17 PM, Bongani Hlope <bonganilinux@mweb.co.za> wrote:

    > Looking at the changes,  you are right. The BUG_ON() seems to be what is not
    > suppose to be there. The attached patch only removes the BUG_ON(). I'll test
    > on my work PC tomorrow and see if that also fixes the bug.

    You might also try to replace it with

    BUG_ON(!mutex_is_locked(&dentry->d_parent->d_inode->i_mutex))

    ie add that "d_parent" there. Just for testing - I think the real fix
    really is to remove it, but I'd personally be happier knowing that
    _if_ it were to have that d_parent there, it would have worked.

    It would also be interesting to hear if that name length could
    possibly ever change, and we'd hit that test too. It looks like the
    original code actually checked that the length was the same before
    doing the overwrite.

    ncpfs doesn't seem to be very actively maintained, I suspect Petr
    isn't really using it any more.

    Linus

    Linus