    SubjectRE: sata_mv port lockup on hotplug (kernel
    > Yeah, I'm suspecting there's a loophole in the logic there somewhere.
    > I dusted off the 6041 reference card I have here, and played with the cables for a while. Managed to > get one port to stop responding to hot plug fairly quickly, though I'm not sure how/why.
    > Then I added a debug printk() to mv_write_main_irq_mask(), with no other changes, and that appears to > have been enough to change the race timing so that I could no longer produce the problem.
    > Bruce, here's a slightly-ugly patch that should remove all doubt about races in the irq_mask. Please > apply it, test with it, and let me know here if the issue goes away.
    > Thanks

    Thanks Mark. I was about to try out some tracing in writelfl because I
    suspected the irq mask was getting clobbered somewhere along the way, but
    I'd been distracted by other work. I shall try your patch out as soon as
    I can, and report back.

    Bruce Stenning,

    Latest News at:
     \ /
      Last update: 2011-04-13 18:23    [W:0.020 / U:67.332 seconds]