SubjectRE: sata_mv port lockup on hotplug (kernel 2.6.38.2)
> Yeah, I'm suspecting there's a loophole in the logic there somewhere.
>
> I dusted off the 6041 reference card I have here, and played with the cables for a while. Managed to > get one port to stop responding to hot plug fairly quickly, though I'm not sure how/why.
>
> Then I added a debug printk() to mv_write_main_irq_mask(), with no other changes, and that appears to > have been enough to change the race timing so that I could no longer produce the problem.
>
> Bruce, here's a slightly-ugly patch that should remove all doubt about races in the irq_mask. Please > apply it, test with it, and let me know here if the issue goes away.
>
> Thanks

Thanks Mark. I was about to try out some tracing in writelfl because I
suspected the irq mask was getting clobbered somewhere along the way, but
I'd been distracted by other work. I shall try your patch out as soon as
I can, and report back.

Cheers,

Bruce.

Bruce Stenning,
IndigoVision,

Latest News at: http://www.indigovision.com/index.php/en/news.html

  Last update: 2011-04-13 18:23    [W:0.165 / U:0.304 seconds]