    Subjectfreezer: should barriers be smp ?
    when we suspend/resume Blackfin SMP systems, we notice that the
    freezer code runs on multiple cores. this is of course what you want
    -- freeze processes in parallel. however, the code only uses non-smp
    based barriers which causes us problems ... our cores need software
    support to keep caches in sync, so our smp barriers do just that. but
    the non-smp barriers do not, and so the frozen/thawed processes
    randomly get stuck in the wrong task state.

    thinking about it, shouldnt the freezer code be using smp barriers ?
    the point is to make sure that the updates are seen across all cores
    are not just the current one ?

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-04-13 08:17    [W:0.018 / U:2.416 seconds]