    SubjectRe: OLS 2010 papers finally indexed.
    On 04/09/2011 11:57 PM, Américo Wang wrote:
    > On Fri, Apr 8, 2011 at 10:44 PM, Rob Landley <rlandley@parallels.com> wrote:
    >> FYI, the individual papers, with their abstracts, are linked from:
    >>
    >> http://kernel.org/doc/ols/2010
    >>

    > Nice work, Rob! Thanks a lot!

    You're welcome.

    I don't suppose anybody knows where the missing papers _are_?

    For example, a google search for "Coverage and profiling for realtime
    tiny kernels" brought up two legacy organizations that locked the paper
    away in a vault and then buried it in a sea trench:

    http://portal.acm.org/citation.cfm?id=1900726.1901172
    http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/freeabs_all.jsp?arnumber=5577998

    The old "give us money or you'll never see this paper again" tactic.
    Why anybody would would want to "publish" their work through a non-funny
    variant of the journal of irreproducible results is an open question,
    but there you have it. (I love the "downloads 0, citations 0" on the
    ACM site. Not-publishing the paper there has been, empirically, 100%
    useless, and they provide the stats to prove it.)

    Oh well...

    Rob