SubjectRe: Help with dma on PCI driver
From
Thank you for your answer

Sorry for the code. I am not a kernel developer, i am a hardware
engineer, but i need to test a system i am designing. Most of the code
wasnt writen by me. I got it from another guy, the part that i wrote
so far was the one related to pci_alloc_constants. I will remake the
whole code soon to make it more readable. I was just testing some
concepts with it. I am trying to learn how to write  a driver based on
LDD3 and Linux Essential, but i was having a hard time. For now i
could find my problem. It was a dumb mistake and not realated to
kernel development. I forgot to allocate my structure.... so it was a
pointer to nothing.. But as you pointed me some problems.. just to
make sure.. should i stop the inti function on the device register,
and make all the rest inside probe? It makes a lot of sense as the
rest should be called just if the device is connected...

Thank you!!

--
Luís Filipe Rossi
Electrical Engineer