    SubjectRe: [patch 1/8] tpm_tis: Use timeouts returned from TPM
    On 03/29/2011 10:34 AM, Rajiv Andrade wrote:
    > Hi Stefan,
    > Some comments:
    > On 03/15/2011 08:13 AM, Stefan Berger wrote:
    >> v3:
    >> - sysfs entry now called 'durations' to resemble TPM-speak (previously
    >> was called 'timeouts')
    >> v2:
    >> - adjusting all timeouts for TPM devices reporting timeouts in msec rather
    >> than usec
    > This is a bugfix that's different than the one you originally sent, can you
    > submit this as a separated patch? This is mainly for easier debug in the
    > future, so each feature/bugfix/commit can be tested separately.
    Originally I sent a patch that corrected the evaluation of the return
    code within the TPM's response and introduced the sysfs entry. I did not
    scale the MEDIUM and LONG timeouts, which then caused the problems on
    the Infineon TPM and the patch was removed. I then introduced the
    scaling of the MEDIUM and LONG timeouts, which seems necessary as a
    consequence to working with the TPM-reported timeouts. Then adding a
    sysfs entry to it is an additional feature. I'd split this patch in 2
    patches where the 2nd one introduces the sysfs entry. Is this ok with you?

     \ /
      Last update: 2011-03-29 18:47    [W:0.024 / U:3.524 seconds]