SubjectRe: TTY loosing data with u_serial gadget
On 22/03/2011 08:53, Felipe Balbi wrote:
> Patch attached, please give it a good round of test as I don't have how
> to exercise all line disciplines. I ran 100 randconfigs over night and
> no warnings or erros on that area, at least not that I could see (so
> many warning while compiling the kernel :-( )

Is this patch missing the changes to tty_buffer.c that were in
http://permalink.gmane.org/gmane.linux.usb.general/28976

Without the changes to tty_buffer.c to use the value returned from the
receive_buf call then doesn't this patch not work correctly?

Also with this patch, does the receive_room member of tty_struct have
any use? As far as I can tell it's also referenced in paste_selection in
drivers/tty/vt/selection.c. It's the case that past_selection uses
receive_buf so shouldn't it be updated to use the new return value
semantics for receive_buf?

Without modifying tty_buffer.c to not make use of receive_room I can't
get console terminals to work with this patch. Although I have to admit
that I've been applying the patch to 2.6.35.3 as that's the kernel my
development board is currently using, but I can't see any immediate
reason why the most recent kernel would be any different. However I'm
still fairly new to the interactions between the various bits of tty
code and drivers, so I could just be missing an important change that's
in 2.6.38+.

Regards,

Toby

  Last update: 2011-03-24 13:11    [W:7.729 / U:0.032 seconds]