    SubjectRe: [git pull] drm fixes

    On Wed, 23 Mar 2011, Dave Airlie wrote:

    > 2011/3/23 Michel Dänzer <michel@daenzer.net>:

    >>> From what I can see it was the userspace patches being debated, this
    >>> one seemed fine and the interface looked okay to me.
    >>
    >> The author ignored my suggestions to make the patch smaller and simpler,
    >> more maintainable and more future-proof all at once.
    >
    > It was already small and I'm not sure merging the flags made it more
    > maintainable. Its always
    > being a slightly painful ioctl, and hopefully any future changes add a
    > new ioctl esp if we want 64-bit values.
    >
    > The only comment I really thought was necessary was changing the CAP
    > name, but since that isn't
    > part of the ABI (just the number) we can quickly fix it with a follow-up.
    >
    > Dave.

    All of the issues debated yesterday, except one, boil down to renaming a
    handful on #defines without changing the values nor interface nor behavior
    of the kernel. For those that I agreed, I'll follow up with a small patch
    shortly.

    -- Ilija

      Last update: 2011-03-23 12:57    [W:0.032 / U:93.204 seconds]