SubjectRe: RFC: Platform data for onboard USB assets
> Q(b) If yes, what 'key' is most suitable for identifying the right
> device
> to attach the data to ?

We already pointed out that in the case of soldered-in device, the
"path" as in the series of -physical- ports leading to the device is
going to be stable.

For anything else, there's no solution. If the device doesn't have a
unique ID, you are toast, period.

On the other hand, I still think platform_data suck big time. Grant made
some good points about the lack of proper typing for example. I believe
that a device-tree based approach is much better in the long run (and
more flexible) despite Andy odd quasi-religious aversion for it.

Cheers,
Ben.