    SubjectRe: [RFC] Reverting NUMA-affine page table allocation
    From
    On 03/02/2011 08:19 AM, Tejun Heo wrote:
    > > Hey, Yinghai.

    > > Yeah, it's a pretty interesting piece of code in need of some cleanup.
    No, i mean second one is not causing any problem.

    that only take end is intentionally. that will make sure we can get
    space for page table even in extreme case.

    > > I'm reverting the NUMA-affine page table allocation for now. I wish
    > > something like the following happens during the next devel cycle.
    > >
    > > * General cleanup of page table allocation code. I'm not talking
    > > about major rewrite or anything major. Just making the code sane(r)
    > > so that they take parameters instead of doing subtle stuff with
    > > internal #ifdef's. And hopefully proper documentation.
    > >
    > > * Redo the NUMA-affine page table allocation in simpler way using
    > > cleaned up allocation functions. As suggested before, IMO, just
    > > taking top and bottom of nodes is enough. Again, hopefully, with
    > > enough documentation on both what and why.
    > >
    > > If you're interested in doing the above, please go ahead and let me
    > > know.

    No. please don't revert it.

    Ingo, please get patches that will align to 1G ... from

    git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/yinghai/linux-2.6-yinghai.git
    memblock

    Thanks

    Yinghai

      Last update: 2011-03-02 17:51    [W:0.022 / U:30.200 seconds]