SubjectRe: [patch 0/4] memcg: operate on page quantities internally
On Wed,  9 Feb 2011 12:01:49 +0100
Johannes Weiner <hannes@cmpxchg.org> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> this patch set converts the memcg charge and uncharge paths to operate
> on multiples of pages instead of bytes. It already was a good idea
> before, but with the merge of THP we made a real mess by specifying
> huge pages alternatingly in bytes or in number of regular pages.
>
> If I did not miss anything, this should leave only res_counter and
> user-visible stuff in bytes. The ABI probably won't change, so next
> up is converting res_counter to operate on page quantities.

I worry that there will be unconverted code and we'll end up adding
bugs.

A way to minimise the risk is to force compilation errors and warnings:
rename fields and functions, reorder function arguments. Did your
patches do this as much as they could have?

  Last update: 2011-02-09 22:41    [W:0.118 / U:0.096 seconds]